Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Speaking of Pauly Shore...

...I had jury duty on Monday and the one thing I learned was that the Clarke County court house is the hottest place in Athens. It's a non-stop furnace party straight out of a Nelly song.

Does it make me an old man that all I could think about was how much money it must cost to keep the heater running constantly? Maybe the judge and co. could bust out a sweater and free up a few tax dollars to put towards something a little less dehydrating.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gordon Lamb said...

Dude, I've wanted to do jury duty for so long. I mean, I've been voting for over 17 years and I've only been called once. And then I was excused from duty on the first day of jury selection. The question was "Do you think Marijuana should be legal?" I said yes. Well, I guess that was the wrong answer because they let me go immediately.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Ryanetics said...

That is funny because I also wanted to be picked really badly and was dismissed the first day. I think working at the newspaper did not help.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Gordon Lamb said...

They should make a movie about us not getting picked for a jury and call it "Two Angry Men". We could, like, hang around outside the courthouse all day and ruminate over why we didn't get picked and stuff. Sounds like a hit.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Ryanetics said...

An instant classic! Kind of like a prequel to "Grumpy Old Men"

12:14 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

Two Angry Men and One Girl Who's Really Happy She Never Gets Picked Even Though She's Been Called Six Times.

That title is a little long though. Really, do you want to have to decide on a rape trial or something? Because that's the last one I got called for, and I did _not_ want to be on that jury, despite feeling like I should be.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home