Thursday, June 14, 2007

I guess it's time I weighed in on the Sopranos

So by now everyone knows that the Sopranos finale blew. Completely. I posted about it on FOXYMORON SUCKS! and figured I might as well repost my thoughts here since I hadn't sounded off on the issue yet. haha.

Enjoy -

I just think Chase copped out. But it was his right to cop out and even though it pissed me (and half the known world) off, at the end of the day it was his show.

However I do find the following post-finale dust-up quote from Chase to be quite telling (and defensive):

"I have no interest in explaining, defending, reinterpreting, or adding to what is there," he told the The Star-Ledger of the final scene.

"No one was trying to be audacious, honest to God," he added. "We did what we thought we had to do. No one was trying to blow people’s minds or thinking, ‘Wow, this’ll [tick] them off.’

"People get the impression that you’re trying to [mess] with them, and it’s not true. You’re trying to entertain them."


What I want to know is this - Why? Why was he not trying to blow our minds? I think that was the problem. It just didn't seem like he cared.

Then again you can argue that he doesn't have to care about the viewer and it is his right to care only about the story as he sees it - fine, but then why did we bother watching.

But yeah, agree or disagree, I was pissed.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sauce said...

I thought it was alright...I felt like that's how every public outing is going to be for the family. Tony's gonna be looking around at every suspicious character wondering if he's gonna buy it. You know, forever. That's what his life'll be like. I also dug the song choice.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home