Monday, February 26, 2007

Well that was unexpected! - OR - Guess who no longer works for the man?! - OR - And then there was one.

So guess what I have in common with David Brent?

















No, not the sweet guitarded freak out - redundancy.

In an unexpected and oddly timed turn of events I was given my walking papers by the ABH this afternoon. It turns out that if you don't make budget for 3 or so years you don't get to keep your Marketing Department. What had once been a 5 person department has been whittled down to a duo over the course of 3 years and when it was time for the second to last cut I was voted off the island.










Seriously though folks, I was the clear choice and in the end I am fucking stoked. Honestly I had been trying to get out of that place since my first day and though I will miss a few select folks (I hope you know who you are) I am looking forward to launching the world domination plan that has been waiting in the wings for a while now.

Get ready for the future, get ready for the magic.

8 Comments:

Blogger darkness said...

I'd say that blows, but you seem to dig the freedom, so, uh, congratulations, I guess? How will this effect your column?

11:21 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

Yaaaaay?!

Dude, if you're planning on sleeping in MY hotel room druing San Diego, think again...

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jared said...

Condolulations!

11:16 AM  
Blogger hillary said...

Can't say it better than my husband just did.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Ryanetics said...

Yeah it is ridiculous really. I am enjoying the time to work on more important things but if anyone hears of freelance or part time work in sound, words or design let me know.

Darkness - I dont know about my column yet. I know the newsroom wants me to keep doing it so I probably will although it is a little weird having been laid off. See below for my working email address and send me a message about your meeting with that artist.

Travis - watch your back in SD, you never know when I might strike.

Brown family - thanks!

Everyone - I now longer have my onlineathens.com email so if you used that address then it is time to switch to my .mac address. it is ryanlewis at mac.com

Now let's all make some magic happen on the still secret project that we are actually all working on. I think we are looking at a May deadline to get everything printed in time for San Diego but I will send out an email in the next day or so with details.

Magic!

1:44 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

Ryan, send me your design portfolio at the museum. I think most of the upcoming projects are assigned to graphic designers, but I can at least show it to my boss and we'll try to find your something.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Gordon Lamb said...

In honor of this I send you this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

2:57 PM  
Blogger Gordon Lamb said...

If you need som shit printed I can make a Kinkos run tonight!
;)

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home