Friday, September 29, 2006

The Futurists







So, Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Iron Man/Tony Stark in the upcoming Marvel movie. Weird. At first I thought it was a crap choice but after thinking about it some more it kind of works. Stark battles alcoholism and is a notorious ladies man (or letch depending on the writer) and it isn't like Downey Jr. is a stranger to either of those issues. As long as Jon Favreau (who is directing) pushes him to get a good performance, I think this might actually work.

Also it should be noted that Stark is often referred to as a Futurist and Downey Jr. released an album called The Futurist. Coincidence? Probably.

Read more at CNN and at Marvel

7 Comments:

Blogger Jared said...

Ow, that RDJ album hurts my ears! He needs to stick to acting and doing drugs.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Ryanetics said...

hahahaha. I am just impressed that someone actually listened to it. I don't know if I am man enough to give it a shot!

2:38 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

He's really good at doing drugs.

I think he's gonna make a badass Iron Man.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Ryanetics said...

Yeah I am really into it the more I think about it.

3:36 PM  
Blogger 1 Right Opinion Comics said...

I also thought it was a bad idea at first, but like it now. I hope Favreau does go with the whole drunk Iron Man thing. If not, Downey might suck.

I am a little concerned if he can pull off the billionare industrialist image without making it a parody of the "evil rich."

The best hope is Favreau. I love pretty much all he has done.

6:37 PM  
Blogger darkness said...

Terrence Howard's playing Jim Rhodes, too.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Ryanetics said...

War Machine!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home